Dry Arch Children's Centre Privacy Notice
The Dry Arch Children’s Centre is committed to protecting your personal data. The purpose of this notice is to give you a clear explanation about how the Dry Arch Children’s Centre collects, stores and uses your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
How we collect information
We obtain information from you when you enquire about our services, register with us, send us an email, make a donation and if you attend our events. We may also collect additional personal information in the course of services being provided to you.
In certain cases we may obtain your personal data from third parties if you have provided the appropriate permission for your data to be shared in line with GDPR requirements.
What information do we collect
In the course of providing services we might collect the following personal information;
- Personal information such as your name, email address, date of birth, address
- Characteristics such as ethnicity, language
- Relevant medical, sickness and accident information
We also may collect additional information depending on the services being provided by the Dry Arch Centre; in some cases this may be sensitive personal information.
Why we collect data and use this information
We may use your personal information to;
- Deal with enquiries about our services
- Provide you with information about Dry Arch services and activities
- Comply with our and legal obligations, policies, procedures and terms of registration
- Tailor our services to the needs of families in our area
- Monitor and report on the services we provide
- Assess the quality of our services
We will not share your personal information with third parties unless it is required by law, i.e. child protection legislation or as part of an inspection under the Minimum Standards of Care for children under 12 years.
In certain circumstances we may approach you for your written consent to allow us to process certain particularly sensitive data. Children aged under 13 years must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian before providing any personal information.
Please be assured that we will take appropriate measures to keep your personal information safe and secure. We will never pass your personal information on to other organisations for them to use for their own marketing purposes. Where you have given consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for and for satisfying the purposes of any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. We will retain and securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR which comes into force on May 25th 2018, you have the following rights;
- The right to access your personal information
- The right to edit and update your personal information
- The right to request and have your personal information deleted
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to object to your personal information being used for marketing and research
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you have any enquiries about your rights, or to make a request for personal information please contact our Human Resources Officer (contact details below). Following your request, within 30 days the Dry Arch Children’s Centre will provide you with the information requested.
If you have a concern about this process or the contents of the information we have provided, we request that you raise your concern with our Human Resources officer in the first instance, alternatively we can direct you to the appropriate supervisory authority for data protection issues.
Queries about our Policy
If you have any queries about this policy or your personal information, please contact the Dry Arch Children’s Centre:
Human Resources Officer
Dry Arch Children’s Centre
50 Legavallon Road, Dungiven